And the winner of the
2020 MPA Skills Plumbing Apprentice of the Year Award is:
The following six finalists battled it out during the 2020 MPA Skills Plumbing Apprentice of the Year Competition Day on Friday 11 September 2020 at MPA Skills Campus in Maylands:
- Curtis James – MPA Skills Apprentice Hosted by – Impulse Plumbing
- Paul Athanassiou – MPA Skills Apprentice Hosted by – Westline Plumbing
- Ian Douglas – Direct Apprentice / MPA Skills Trained – Christopher’s Contracting
- Cole Veness – MPA Skills Apprentice Hosted by – Knowles Plumbing
- John Grimson – Direct Apprentice / MPA Skills Trained – Zambezi Plumbing
- Cameron Albanis – MPA Skills Apprentice Hosted by – Impulse Plumbing
Recognising Western Australia’s best fourth year plumbing and gasfitting apprentices, this is your chance to shine.
Criteria for success:
- Excellence in personal development
- Academic attainment
- Workplace competency
Plumbing and sanitation have been recognised as the world’s greatest medical innovation of all time,
extending life expectancy and eradicating disease. So you know you’ve chosen a career that makes
a real difference to society.
Being named 2020 MPA Skills Plumbing Apprentice of the Year provides great personal and
professional outcomes, including:
- Peer recognition
- Valuable publicity opportunities for you and your employer
- Access to industry leaders and influencers
- Great cash prizes
Who is eligible?
The 2020 MPA Skills Plumbing Apprentice of the Year is open to all apprentices trained or employed
by MPA Skills, who will be a fourth year apprentice between 1 January 2020 and 31 December 2020.
FOURTH YEAR APPRENTICES
Simply complete the nomination form at the end of this document. You’ll need your employer /
host employer to confirm your availability. All nominations must be received by COB 4.30pm on
Friday 24 July 2020.
Once your nomination is submitted, you’ll be required to attend a theoretical assessment session at our Maylands Campus on Friday 7 August 2020. You’ll be asked a series of questions to assess your technical and general knowledge. The 12 highest scoring candidates move to the next stage.
The top 12 candidates progress to the interview stage with interviews being held between Tuesday 18 August and Thursday 20 August 2020. All participants that make it to this stage are required to submit:
- A letter of support from your employer or supervisor
- Any other references from work-related contacts such as clients, suppliers and colleague
The top six candidates then progress to the final practical assessment.
The practical assessment will be judged on skills only to decide 1st, 2nd, 3rd place in the 2020 MPA Skills Plumbing Apprentice of the Year.
The six finalists are required to attend the competition day on Friday 11 September 2020 at Maylands Campus for a full day of competition, followed by the awards presentation at approximately 5pm.
Finalists will compete for points by completing practical activities across multiple areas including:
- Water supply
- Welding and brazing
- Sanitary plumbing
- General plumbing
For more information please call MPA Skills on 08 9471 6600 or email email@example.com.