2023 INTAKE DATES
Part time = 3 weeks. Monday to Thursday 4.30pm to 8pm & Saturday 8am to 4 pm (Please note first night commences at 4pm for registration).
$4238 (*CTF subsidy may be available of $500).
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Australia has strict safety standards and licensing requirements associated with licensed trades. In order to carry out plumbing work in Western Australia a person must hold the appropriate licence issued by the Plumbers Licensing Board in Western Australia (PLB).
Plumbers who were trained outside Australia are required to demonstrate they have the skills and knowledge necessary by obtaining an Offshore Technical Skills Record (OTSR) to be granted a Provisional licence in Western Australia. Before Certification of the CPC32413 Certificate III in Plumbing Australian Standards content must be met, Satisfactory completion of the Migrant Gap course and workplace profiling are required for this. CPC32420 Certificate II in plumbing depending on your OTSR results.
AUSTRALIAN STANDARDS DELIVERED
- Water, Sanitary and drainage
- Business / Water / Drainage / Sanitary
- CPC40920 Certificate IV in Plumbing Services
- Must hold a provisional licence
- Must have a USI Number
- Certified Copy of Offshore Technical Skills Record (OTSR)
- Certified Copy of Qualifications
- Certified copy of Provisional Trades Licence
- Proof of ID (Driver’s License or Passport)
- Copy of White Card
- Two Written References from previous employers/clients (signed on letterhead) demonstrating at least 4 years of experience in the industry and citing specific examples (Certified copies only) of plumbing work for: Water Supply / Sanitary / Drainage
ITEMS REQUIRED FOR CLASS
- AS/NZ3500:2018 – Purchase through SAI Global or Standards NZ or you can hire our laptop for $10 and view the standards in class only.
**please note standards 2021 may be endorsed by Sept 2022, however course material is based on the 2018 version
- Plumbers Licensing and PLumbing Standards Regulations 2000 – Please Download for free
- Health (Treatment of Sewage and Disposal of Effluent and Liquid Waste) Regulations 1974 – Please Download for free
- Correct Tape
- Flat scale ruler (1:50 & 1:100 & 1:200)
- Highlight Pen (Yellow or Light Green)
- Pilot 0.2mm Non-Gel Pens (Red, Green, Blue & Black)
- A4 Notebook
**You will be invoiced 3 weeks prior to commencement. Fees must be paid prior to day 1. Qualifications will be issued within 30 calendar days on condition that all fees have been paid and a USI number has been supplied
*CTF Subsidy: You may be eligible for the Construction Training Fund (CTF) subsidy if you are currently engaged in on-site work in WA’s building and construction industry. This subsidy can only be claimed once. To find out more please contact the Construction Training Fund on Phone: 9244 0100 on email@example.com or visit their website https://ctf.wa.gov.au/contact-us/
Courses may cancel if we do not meet our minimum number requirements. If you are making specific travel arrangements for this course, please make sure you contact MPA Skills on 9471 6660 to confirm the course will be commencing. MPA Skills will contact students when a course has been cancelled via phone/text/email to transfer to alternative course dates.
Subject to change without notice
*Completion of the Migrant gap course allows you to apply for a tradesperson’s plumbing licence. Any gas units you have on your OTSR will be credited as RPL, this does not allow you to apply for a Class G gas permit without further assessment in a Certificate III Gasfitting course. On successful completion, we will confirm your assessments practically and theoretically to submit to Building and Energy for a Class G permit.
For further information, please call 08 9471 6600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.