MPA Skills offers Pre-Apprenticeships for Plumbing
A pre-apprenticeship course will give a student a true insight in to the industry they are considering. This is the first step to gaining a full-time apprenticeship and demonstrates to a potential employer that a candidate has a real idea of what the job is about and what is expected of them.
The units completed on the pre-apprenticeship will be credited against the training completed in your first year of your apprenticeship. MPA Skills will direct you in securing your work experience placement, which forms part of the ‘job hunting’ training each student receives.
Our aim is to make you employable which could ultimately lead to employment by our own Apprentice Employment division for a number of successful candidates.
To apply for the 52700WA Certificte II in Plumbing you must complete the below 4 Steps:
***Please note, this is for a Full-time Pre-Apprenticeship program and students must be 17 years of age or older to apply. For School Based Pre Apprenticeship programs, please see the School Programs Tab.
1. Read the Pre App Fact Sheet
2. Complete Medical Form (Please ensure you use the correct course name and location)
3. Complete Media Release Form (Please ensure you use the correct course name and location)
4. Complete the Enrolment Form by clicking on the campus you would like to attend outlined below:
**Important– In the “Identity Section” of the online Enrolment form, please upload a copy of your Birth Certificate. On the last page of the Enrolment form, upload a copy of the below:
- Notice of Arrangement (NOA) (if you are 17yrs of age)
- Any Previous qualifications e.g. Cert II, White Card, First Aid (must supply a copy of your Statement of Attainment)
Please note: Without these documents, your enrolment can not be processed.
What happens next?
Your enrolment does not confirm your place, we will be in contact with you closer to the start date of the course with your interview details. After your interview, we will send you an email which will confirm if you were successful or not. For more information, please contact MPA Skills on 9471 6603.
Construction Training Fund (CTF) $250.00 Pre-Apprenticeship Rebate
After successful completion of the Pre-Apprenticeship, students may be eligible to claim the *$250.00 Pre-Apprenticeship Scholarship payment directly from CTF. Follow the link below for further information:
*Please note this payment must be claimed directly from CTF and is not claimed through MPA Skills
MPA Skills Course Fees for government subsidised training – Apprenticeships and Pre-Apprenticeships.
The indicative qualification fees include projected CPI adjustments.
**Please note, the below figures only show the Course Fee amount. Training Fees are made up of a Course & Resource Fee. To view the total fees payable for training please go to the Pre Apprenticeship section of this website where it will break down the exact amount payable.
- Client Handbook
- Click here for a summary of the current results of our Employer and Learner Surveys
- Payment Arrangement Form
- Click for more information on VET training
- Work Experience Information